1. Start with your goal. What are you trying to achieve: to be the best in the world, or something else? Without knowing where you want to get to, you cannot plan.
2. Work backwards from your goal, what do you need to do to get there? Eliminate things from your training that are unnecessary for meeting your goal.
3. Break up your plan into smaller steps. Set yourself deadlines. This way you will know if you are starting to fall behind or have plateaued.
4. Ask for feedback from someone experienced, or film yourself at your task. If you want to be a good public speaker, film yourself presenting and compare it to other videos of speakers.
5. If you plateau you might need to work backwards. What do other people do that you do not? Getting worse before you get better is a real possibility.