“A great person attracts great people and knows how to hold them together.” —Johann Goethe
What does it take to be a great leader?
People actually agree that a great leader has the following 12 leadership traits:
- Good Communication Skills
- Willingness to Listen
- Knowledge and Experience
- Good Attitude
- Ability to Motivate
- Ability to Stay Organized
- Ability to Inspire Respect
- Leadership that Sticks (Positive Reinforcement)
Most people usually miss #12 – Positive Reinforcement. And, yet, it’s THE most important trait.
Positive Reinforcement is the trait that trumps them all.
The following clues help remind us why Positive Reinforcement is so important:
- If every employee gave us perfect human performance, we wouldn’t need managers.
- The Measure of a Leader is what the followers do in the moment of choice when nobody is watching
- The most important ability of leaders is the ability to change the behavior of their followers.
Leadership that Sticks is your ability to deliver and sustain Positive Reinforcement to drive high performance.
Feel free to share in the comments section below what are the traits of your favorite leaders?